Saturday, March 21, 2009

literacy #4 blog entry #5

When I got to the campus in January, I make a chat with many blanks. Every blank represent a day. So when a day passes, I fill the blank with a color. I told myself that when all the blanks are filled, it is time to go home. This morning, when I color the march 20th blank, I suddenly realize that most of the time in this semester has gone, even I failed to recognize. I ask myself what I have learned and whether I regret wasting time in the past. After thinking hard, I think I was dong just ok but there is still a long way to go in my time management. And it leads me to think a kind of literacy----time management.
Time management is a set of principles, practices, skills, tools, and systems that help you use your time to accomplish what you want. First of all, time is limited. Time is a very special resource in that you cannot store it or save it for later. Everyone gets the exact same amount of time each day. If you didn’t use your time wisely, you can never get it back. Secondly, time is scare. We often feel like we have too much things to do and not enough time. In a certain degree, it will leads to an unfilled life. Time management helps you use the time that you do have in better ways. Thirdly, you need time to get what you want out of life. It means you need time to do almost anything worthwhile in life. You need to learn how to make time for the thingk that are important to you. Even if you can only afford to give a small amount of time each week to your goals, you would be surprised at how much progress you can make. What’s more, you can manage time well, you can accomplish more with less effort. When you become more productive using improved time management skills and tools, you can accomplish more with less effort. Reducing wasted time and effort gives you even more productive time throughout the day. Both of these allow you to make time for a wide range of activities that bring more balance and fulfillment to your life. Since everyday we have too many choices to spend our time, time management helps us to make conscious choices so we can spend more of our time doing things that are important and valuable to us.
Now that most of the semester has gone, I think it is time I tried to manage my time better in the coming days. In this case, when I go back to China in May, I will be proud of myself without regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment