Wednesday, March 18, 2009

literacy #2 blog entry #3

The second literacy in our everyday life I want to say is the personal character. Personal character traits are the attitudes you have toward your activities and the challenges they present. These traits may be positive, negative or often in between vary from person to person, depending on the situation. As we know, positive personal character traits result in achievement of goals and success. Negative character traits can lead to failure or frustration. Most of these traits are established through training from parents, while others are gained from peer groups.
I regard personal character as a literacy means that people who have a positive trait own the literacy. For example, people who have the literacy will behave plucky instead of cowardly. Facing some difficulty, they will be determined instead of discouraged. They hold the ability of confident instead of unsure. Doing something important, they will be conscientious instead of careless. When doing something need effort, they will be hard working instead of lazy.
I regard literacy as the entire asset you have. Positive attitude is a critical literacy in everyone’s life because it is the key to success.
I still can remember the time when I complete with adversaries from all over the country in chess. At first, I lost three times in a row. We totally had 12 competitions. At that time, I can either just be sad or adjust my mood. Luckily, I chose the latter. I said to myself “it is not a big deal, the competition just begins and I still have many opportunities. Being beat three times just means the past; I will stand up and fight.” Holding this thought, I did real well in the next nine competitions and finally achieve the second price. I think it is the attitude that make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment